Tuesday, 22 April 2014
If you can only bring 10 beauty products for your trip, what would you bring? I thought this would be easy and I can bring 3 lipsticks but when I gather the products I realized that I can't bring more than 1 lipstick. It was devastating lol. Anyway I got tagged by Cella on Instagram to show 10 things I'd bring on vacation and I posted this to my Insta too but I think I'm gonna post it here with a brief explanation ;)
1. Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream #21
I always forgot to use sunscreen and I know it's not good for my skin. This BB cream provides SPF42 PA+++ (I don't know what PA+++ means but it sounds like something protective which is nice) so it's really convenient. Besides the sunscreen factor, this BB cream also gives nice coverage so I don't need additional concealer. If there's something I want to cover more, I can just put more of the cream and pat it to blend. It has nice oil control too.
2. The Balm Sexy Mama Translucent Powder
I have oily face so I need powder to set my base product (this case: BB cream). This powder has no coverage so I can dust it all over my face whenever I feel like I need to mattify my face.
3. Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm #Smoothing Cherry
Dry lips is something I battle almost everyday. This lip balm helps to make my lips smooth and crack-free. It's not too oily so I can put lipstick on top of it immediately.
4. MAC Lipstick #Sunny Seoul
My go-to lipstick. A safe color so it matches everything I wear. I mean if I'm going to wear pastel dress, a dark plum lipstick won't match, right?
5. ELF Eyebrow Kit #Medium
To draw my almost non-existent brows. The colored wax lasts all day and keeps my brows in place.
6. Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
I have short, stubby, facing downwards lashes and this mascara can hold the curl Shu curler gives me, and it gives volume and length. My lashes look naturally long and beautiful with The Falsies. But it's not like I'm wearing falsies.. Maybe a few coats needed to get the falsies effect but one coat is enough for natural look.
7. Mio Piccolo Blush #02
It gives natural flush to my cheeks. It's pigmented so I don't need to apply layers of it. I once put too much and I have super pink cheeks lol it looks kinda ridiculous in real life but cute in photos!
8. Ecotools Retractable Brush
I choose this brush because it's retractable so I don't have to worry about ruining the brush without protection in my cosmetic case. The hair is soft and I use it to apply my powder and blush since both of them don't have their own brush.
9. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
As I mentioned above, I have not so great lashes so I need to curl them first before applying mascara. I can't say this is the best curler I've ever tried because this is the only curler I have hehe
10. Acnes Oil Control Film
If my skin gets oily, I need to blot it first before using my powder. I only need one sheet of this paper to blot my face.
So that's all! If you're going to post your version of this 10 things, let me know! I'd love to see what others picks :D
Thursday, 17 April 2014
I thought Proenza Schouler's collection would be much more sophisticated than this!! I'm talking about the packaging, by the way. And actually I don't like the promotional poster above too. Too 90's. The whole ombre/gradation going here is really not my cup of tea. Not cute, not grand, not luxurious, not modern. I don't know.. Maybe the color. I think the dirty yellow color disgust me the most. Yeah I'm sure. But anywayyyy, the collection will launch on April 21st in the US and as far as my googling ability, it's already available for purchase in Germany, and here are the products (with some of my thoughts in pink ink hehe can't help it!)
MAC Proenza Schouler Lipstick $21
The lipsticks will be housed in square packaging.. Like Burberry's! But hey, the price is really high, don't you think? The usual MAC limited edition lipstick collection is like $1 more expensive compared to permanent lipsticks but this one is $5 difference O_O
- Woodrose light pink with beige (lustre)
- Pinkfringe vivid flamingo pink (satin)
- Mangrove bright clean orange-red (matte)
- Primrose sheer berry plum (lustre)
MAC Proenza Schouler Pro Longwear Lip Pencil $21
- Dynamo bright peony
- High Energy bright orange-red cream
MAC Proenza Schouler Blush Ombre $30
- Sunset Beach cool pink ombre into beige
- Ocean City coral orange ombre into beige. Looks nice!! But I'm afraid this will look like something I already have in my collection.. We'll see.. If this collection is available at Indonesia's counter, then I'll get it. If not.. I'll just let it go. I won't pre-order this through online shops because of Rupiah's value to USD is too weak, it'll cost too much.
MAC Proenza Schouler Pro Longwear Eye Liner $21
- Black Ice rich black
- Rich Experience true brown
MAC Proenza Schouler Nail Lacquer $17.50
- Thimbleweed pale nude (cream). Pretty nude! But I think OPI must have something similar with cheaper price.. I'll just buy OPI. I don't really like the cap's color after all :p
- Bougainvillea bright orange coral (cream)
- Dayflower clean plum (cream)
- Nocturnelle black as night (cream)
So, what do you think about this collection? Tell me!
All photos and informations are from Musings Of A Muse
Tuesday, 15 April 2014
Last December I went to South Korea and Japan with my family. Here's my photo dairy.
|Bears with world's traditional costumes|
|Mimicking the happy bear :D|
|Photo taken from Seongsan Ilchulbong (성산일출봉), seeing the city below|
|Tteokbokki (떡볶이) yayayay!|
|Very yummy grilled chicken at Nami Island|
|Our pretty tour leader (Ms Ivonne) and super funny tour guide (Kevin)|
|Phoenix Park (휘닉스파크 스키장) ski resort|
|You know where is it, right? The famous Gyeongbok palace (경복궁)|
|Do I look like Korean? I know I'm not lol|
|Seoul World Cup Stadium! 대한민국!|
|They say it's the most happiest place on the earth, Disneyland!|
|Asakusa Kanon Temple. Anyway that's my cousin and my sister.|
|Hello, Mount Fuji!|
|Big teddy bear in Rihga Royal Hotel.. I wanna bring him home!|
|Green tea soft ice cream around Kyomizu temple|
|Bought the pao just because it has spidey face hahaha the filling wasn't very good actually..|
|The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is coming soon to Universal Studios Japan!|
I went to Korea with KIA Tour and Travel. I enjoy the trip so much, although the hotels aren't the best hotels and some of the food taste bland for my tongue. The trip was enjoyable, the local guide (not Kevin from the photo above, he's the other group's guide) was witty and informative, the itinerary was good, the photographer was nice, the bus driver also drives safely. There's that one night that we got a small room (I was with my sister and cousin in one room) and we had a hard time to put and open our suitcases lol but the trip overall was very fun and lovely. My group's guide even taught us how to ski! We didn't have to pay for optional coach, how amazing hahaha ski is harder than I thought it'd be lol. I fell once, that's quiet good for first timer, no? :D
And for Japan, I used Av*a Tour and Travel (decided to censor the name so I won't get into trouble). I'm not gonna lie, the hotels and the food were top notch. We even stayed at JW Marriott where we can find more towels than we need haha. The other hotels are also nice although I never heard the names before. The food are awesome, mostly all you can eat type of restaurant and all of their dishes are cooked to perfection. Of course, that's what you expect from Japan. But honestly, I don't like the trip. I'm not trying to defame Av*a, but that's what I feel. The tour leader didn't give us much information about Japan, she mostly speak to tell the group what she's done to make the group happy which I don't think is necessary. I'll feel happy if she did her work nicely and she even didn't have to tell us. The tour guide is like kindergarten teacher. She told us don't do this, don't do that, walk faster, we can't go here and there because abcdefgwhateverblablabla. She walk super fast and leave the group behind when we need to walk somewhere that can't be reached directly by the bus. She also tells dirty jokes in the bus with the microphone on and I have to tell you there were teenagers in the bus! Not straight-forward dirty but I really think that was not necessary. We had a new guide for the last day because this local guide I don't like have to guide another group. The new guide was a bit old, but nice and funny. We call her Nomura-san. We gained more information about Japan more from her in like 3 hours than 5 days with the first local guide. Whoa this is becoming a rant post. I didn't mean to, it just happens. And it's kinda long.. Congrats for you who read until this far. :P Anyway I'm not trying to defame or making any damage to the tour's reputation. This is my pure thought with no intention of harming anybody.
I believe you all have heard of this quote and I really think it's true. "People will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
Saturday, 12 April 2014
I feel this outfit is not something I'd normally use. A bit grungy? I usually wear something more neat. I really like this kind of outfit tho. Gives a fresh wind to my usual outfit that I think is getting boring. I love flare skirts but this time I tried to use tighter skirt so that's something new too. A bit hard to walk I should say but the slit on the side makes it easier. I'm getting used to it and can walk normally after a while. I've used the skirt before, see this post. Nah that post shows my usual style. I hope you get what I mean by this outfit is not my usual outfit to assemble.
The bag is from ABOCS, Catherine Soephadi's clothing line. It's nice and big so it matches my big body lol. The quality is really great, it also has a little pouch inside that I use to bring my makeup of the day. The studs are sharp! Not that they can make you bleed, geez it'd be too much, but it's sharper than most of the studs I've touched (not so many sih :p) I got it when I went to Infare a few months ago.
Anyway do you notice my hair? I cut them! Got long straight bangs so I don't have to do my brows everyday HAHA but the bangs kinda make me look chubbier.. or am I? I also cut the split ends and I ended up with most of my green/teal hair cut urgh. I'm gonna dye some more soon.. I really like the color!
Details: Zara denim shirt, New Look tank, Wilov skirt, Unbranded wedge sneakers from ebay, ABOCS studded envelope bag.
Wednesday, 9 April 2014
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog
3. Answer 11 questions which provided to yo by the person who nominated you
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself
5. nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award (who has less than 200 followers)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer
7. list these rules in your post ( you can copy and paste from here)
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (because they might not have ever heard of it)
1. Apa yang membuat kalian ingin nge-blog?
Hmm, dulu gara-gara seneng liat blognya Diana Rikasari.. Terus browsing-browsing lagi ternyata banyak yang ngeblog tentang fashion dan keliatannya fun, jadi bisa banyak temen gitu. Jadi aku ikutan bikin blog deh :D tapi ya awalnya isinya blog ini kehidupan sehari-hari dan post random aja.
2. Kosmetik kesayangan kalian apa sih?
Blushes! All of them!
3. Beauty Blogger Luar yang banyak menginspirasi kalian?
Essie Button. Hands down.
4. Kalau beli produk kamu suka di online shop / counter ?
Online shop karena biasanya lebih murah dan pilihannya lebih banyak.
5. Kalau ada kesempatan mau kolaborasi makeup sama siapa?
Essie Button sama Zoella!
6. Siapa Artis Luar favorite kalian?
Penyanyi boleh kan? Justin Timberlake sama Adam Levine ehehe. Kalo cewe aku suka Jennifer Lawrence.
7. Apa jenis musik kesukaan kalian?
Aku anaknya mudah terbawa arus, karena pop yang paling sering diputer dimana-mana, jadi aku paling suka pop.
8. Siapa penyanyi kesukaan kalian?
Ga ada satu yang paling menonjol sih, tapi aku suka lagu-lagunya Maroon5, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, sama Britney Spears.
9. Kebanyakan tau produk-produk kecantikan dari mana?
Dari Female Daily, baik forum maupun blognya. WEBSITE PALING BERACUN DI DUNIA.
10. Lebih suka karoke/nonton film di bioskop?
Nonton. Kalo karaoke kasian yang dengerin.. Termasuk kasian sama kuping sendiri.
11. Lebih suka jadi pengusaha/kerja kantoran?
Ini susah. Kerja kantoran tuh bosenin banget.. Well at least di bidang yang pendidikannya aku jalanin. Tapi enaknya tiap bulan dapet penghasilan. Kalo pengusaha kayaknya lebih seru tapi beresiko. Harus selalu punya ide-ide baru.. Penghasilan bisa naik bisa turun. Kalo disuruh milih, aku prefer pengusaha sih hehe
1. How much you love your imperfections shape of your face?
I don't love my imperfections. I know there are many people keep shouting to everyone to love their imperfections, but I just don't eat those words. I don't hate my face imperfections, tho. I'm ok with them.
2. Do you ever tried fake or replica cosmetics? If yes, what is the side effect you feel?
Nope. As far as I know, I never tried fake cosmetics. But I've tried fake brushes hehe it feels ok dan it does the job.
3. Have you tried to whitening your skin with "abal-abal" cream or lotion?
No.. Just because I don't know where I can get them hahaha! But even if I know I don't wanna try them kok :D
4. What is your biggest problem of using make up?
Eye makeup. I can't even draw the same eyeliner for my both eyes, let alone eye shadows.. Putting on fake lashes is another challenge lol
5. Are you happy to be a beauty blogger?
Actually I can't say I'm a beauty blogger because I also post random things like OOTDs and little life updates. But I'm happy to be a blogger :D
6. Do you know how to contour and highlight your face?
Theoretically yes. Practically not so much hahaha I tried to contour and highlight my face but I think I need a lot more practice.
7. What is your goal as a beauty blogger?
Contacted by Korean beauty company to have a collaboration in any possible way! I won't refuse collaboration with any other country's company, tho.. I just love Korea! If I can go back and forth to Korea it would be very nice hehe
8. Local or international product you love most?
9. Your everyday fragrance is.....
Changes everyday lol can't just say one particular perfume. Marc Jacobs Daisy, Anna Sui Secret Wish, and The Body Shop Moroccan Rose.
10. Have you ever shopping at online shop? If yes, have you disappointed when shopping online?
I love online shopping! Yes, I've been disappointed a few times but it won't stop me hahaha
11. Your favorite Indonesian Beauty Blogger?
Sasya from Hello Sasyachi. HOW COULD SHE LOOK LIKE KOREAN THAT MUCH EH?
11 random facts about me
1. My height is 170cm
2. I studied IT
3. Pringles sour cream and onion is my ultimate guilty pleasure snack
4. I love Christmas although I don't celebrate Christmas
5. I prefer dark lipsticks to bright lipsticks
6. I feel inferior when I use flats
7. I loooove noodles and pastas
8. I like pink but most of my clothes and shoes are black
9. Lush's Snow Fairy is my favorite shower gel.
10. My arms and thighs are too big *sigh*
11. I love reading. JK Rowling, Dan Brown, Mitch Albom are some my fave authors.
And now I pass along this award to..
1. Maya from http://haiimaya.blogspot.com/
2. Isabelle Jessica from http://www.isabellejessey.com/
3. Amelia Bunjamin from http://ameliapparel.blogspot.com/
4. Shanty Huang from http://shantyhuang.blogspot.com/
5. Ririe Prameswari from http://sweetlikeapeach.blogspot.com/
6. Mitch from http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com/
7. Ivana Natasha Samson from http://ivananatashasamson.blogspot.com/
8. Stephanie Indah from http://www.nailartoverdose.com/
9. Cella from http://sleepykelincikecil.blogspot.com/
10. Gie from http://giedazzling.blogspot.com/
Here's the questions for you guys:
1. What's your go-to outfit?
2. You have only 10 minutes to do your makeup. What will you use?
3. Do you prefer classic bag or trendy bag? Why?
4. Who is your fashion icon?
5. What do you look for when you're buying shoes?
6. What is your signature fragrance?
7. Do you have phobia?
8. What do you think about flower crown?
9. Your ultimate favorite place to shop?
10. If you can only follow one person on Twitter or Instagram, who would that be?
11. What is your holy grail foundation/bb cream?
Soooo there you go! This might be the longest post I've ever written hahaha. See you on my next post!
Sunday, 6 April 2014
There's only one person I can blame for making me buy this blush, Essie Button. She has this power to persuade me to buy everything she likes. Essie once posted her fave red blush and this Josie Maran was one of them. Since I don't have red blush at all, I decided to buy this because I think it's different with all of my blushes. Blushes are my weakness, after all. But instead of blame, I should've thank Miss Button because of her recommendation. This blush is VERY NICE.
The packaging is very simple and sophisticated. The lid matches the blush so if you have some of this you can easily spot which one you need.
This blush is totally unique. It's like jelly (hence the name, duh) but it's not jiggly so it doesn't break when I push my finger in it. If you push too hard on one side, the other side will rise. Just like that jelly that you eat. But since it's not so jiggly, I think it's more like hard agar consistency. Ok I'm not going further about this product similarity with food. But it's cute and different, I like it very much. :D
The pigmentation is nice. It's pigmented but not too pigmented so you don't end up with too red cheeks. It looks like cream blush but feels more like stain than cream blush when I swatch it. I tried to use fingers to apply it but I think fingers are not my best friend because I can't blend it properly. Or maybe I just put too much, I don't know. So I use Real Technique's stippling brush. The jar opening is the same size as the brush's diameter so it's very easy to get the product to the brush. I find it really easy to blend, not patchy at all, and gives nice flush to the cheeks.
It is infused with 50 percent-pure coconut water, it instantly hydrates while nourishing with the powerful benefits of vitamin E-rich argan oil. I don't feel the hydration on my cheeks but when I swatch this on the back of my hand, the part with this blush feels softer and smoother than the other part. Maybe with daily use my cheeks can get softer?
Staying power is crazy! I have oily skin, most blushes fade after 5 hours mark but this gelée stays for 12 hours++! If I don't need to clean my face I think it'll stay there, not going anywhere. This is the first beauty product that I will definitely repurchase. I'm thinking of getting the other colors too!
I rarely have FOTD with the item I'm reviewing but I really love this product so I managed to take some snaps of me wearing it haha! I wore it thinly to look natural so it looks more pink than red. If I put too much I'd look like I just get slapped lol
Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream #21
Maybelline The falsies
NYX Blush #Taupe
Josie Maran Coconut Water Cheek Gelée #GetawayRed
Burberry Lip Cover #CameoPink
JOSIE MARAN Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée is available on Sephora ($22 for 5.1gram)
Wednesday, 2 April 2014
British makeup and skincare and everything always intrigue me. Soap&Glory is one of my obsession. Just look at the packaging! So pretty. A bit vintage but fun. I really wanna try all of their products. I wish someday I'll be able to travel to London and snatch Soap&Glory everything. Ok let's just jump into the product.
"A body moisturizing formula so virtuous, you might swear you're wearing velvet"
The Righteous Butter is one of Soap&Glory's best seller and I know it's been raved everywhere since the beginning of time. It comes in a pink jar with topless woman on the lid and very inviting words on the side. Don't you think it's the perfect pink and perfect typography and perfect everything? A big fan speaking (..or writing) right here.
The butter itself is not like any butter I've ever tried. It's not heavy at all. It's like.. whipped butter? Or whipped lotion.. Not whipped cream as it is too fluffy and too airy. What I'm trying to say here is it's very light and airy. It's even lighter than most of lotions I've tried. It sinks in very quickly and also moisturize my skin nicely. I thought this butter would take long time to sink because it's formulated for very dry skin but it's not. I use it first on my arms and then my legs. After I finish buttering my legs, I can't feel the butter on my arms anymore! That's how quickly it sinks :D
Another thing that makes me fall in love with The Righteous Butter is the fragrance. I can't describe fragrance, so I'm just gonna say it smells soooooo good! It's not your usual floral fruity scent, it's fresh but also musky and woody. I'm gonna stop here before I say something misleading. :P
This is my holy grail body butter. The shittiest part is Soap&Glory is not available in Indonesia. I bought this one at Suvarnabhumi airport, Bangkok. But I heard Sephora is going to open at Plaza Indonesia. Sephora carries Soap&Glory. I hope the news about Sephora in Jakarta is not hoax.
The Righteous Butter is available on Sephora ($22 for 300ml)